One of the key responsibilities of the MGA is to develop, adopt, and submit a Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP). Because the Mid-County Groundwater Basin is in critical overdraft, the GSP is due to the Department of Water Resources (DWR) no later than January 31, 2020.
The Draft Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) for the Mid-County Groundwater Basin will be presented to the Board of Directors on July 18, 2019. There will be an open public comment period from that date until the Public Hearing on September 19, 2019. The final GSP will be brought to the MGA Board in November for approval, after which it will be submitted to DWR. Once DWR has received the GSP, they will open up a 60 day period during which the public can provide comments about the GSP to DWR.
DRAFT Groundwater Sustainability Plan: July 2019
- DRAFT Plan (compiled single document) (42MB, .pdf)
Individual sections below:
- Report Cover, Acknowledgments, Acronyms
- Executive Summary
- Section 1 Introduction
- Section 2 Plan and Basin Setting
- Section 3 Sustainable Management Criteria
- Section 4 Projects and Management Actions to Achieve Sustainability Goal
- Section 5 Plan Implementation
An email address to submit comments will be available on this page once the comment period commences (anticipated to be July 18, 2019).